The L. Shirley Tark Turbo & Jet Engine Research Laboratories at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, is the main Israeli academic center for jet engine propulsion and gas turbines. The lab carries out basic and applied research incorporating theoretical and experimental studies.
The mission of the Technion’s Turbo & Jet Engine Laboratory is to facilitate the performance of reliable theoretical and experimental research and development work in the field of jet engines and gas turbines, for small and large-sized engines. The laboratory is an integral part of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at the Technion and as such supports the basic studies of the undergraduate students and serves as a test bench for postgraduates and post doctorate personnel. The laboratory, being the sole one in Israel, serves as a center of knowledge and support for the relevant local industries. It hosts the Annual Israeli Jet Engine Symposium with typically about 100 participants taking part.
- The 18th ISRAELI SYMPOSIUM ON JET ENGINES & GAS TURBINES will be held at the faculty building of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, on November 28 2019. The program will include about 20 lectures from leading professionals in the field from Israel and abroad. The first half of the symposium will be conducted in English while the afternoon sessions will be conducted in a mix of Hebrew and English. Moreover, preceding the symposium by two days, the annual turbo-machinery workshop will be held this year (in English) on November 26th. The training activities will be geared towards creating a platform for world’s leading experts in the field of turbo-machinery to come and share their knowledge with students, members of academia and industry. A separate notice with specific details on the topics will be advertised at a later stage.
- יום העיון השמונה עשר במנועי סילון וטורבינות גז
- Questionnaire for Participant
- Lectures presented at the 18th AIJES, November 28, 2019
- PHOTOS OF THE 18th ISRAELI SYMPOSIUM ON JET ENGINES & GAS TURBINES
- PREVIOUS CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
- Book of Abstracts of The 17th ISRAELI SYMPOSIUM ON JET ENGINES & GAS TURBINES – can now be downloaded from HERE
Photos from the Conference can be found here.